Are you dealing with a jealous Aquarian man and wondering what’s going on?
Or, are you wanting to make him jealous so he’ll chase you more?
Either way, I’ve got you covered. In this post, I’ll be exploring everything you’d want to know about jealousy and the Aquarius man.
Table of Contents
Jealousy & the Aquarian Man
Aquarian men are tough cookies to crack. They’re detached, unique, and often paradoxical. But one thing about them is consistent: they’re not very jealous or possessive.
This doesn’t mean an Aquarius man can’t be jealous. Of course, he can. Every person has an entire astrological chart to account for.
But it does mean that feelings of jealousy are far less of a concern for him than with other signs. He may be controlling or childish at times, but he’s just not the possessive type. He believes in personal freedom too much.
He can have trust issues, but his trust issues aren’t usually triggered by jealous feelings.
He will react to jealousy if he sees it in a partner. Most Aquarian men intuitively know that the most jealous people are those that mask their own promiscuous yearnings (or are insecure). He’s trusting and expects his partners to be trustworthy, so jealousy is a red flag to him.
5 Signs of Aquarian Male Jealousy
Aquarians are aloof and tend to be the least jealous of all of the signs. But he’s still quite sensitive beneath his aloof demeanor and he could have other placements in his chart that induces jealousy.
Here are five potential signs that he’s jealous:
1. He distances himself from you. When Aquarians feel uncomfortable emotions (like jealousy) they tend to distance themselves from the situation. He won’t want you to see that he’s gotten emotional or insecure – that’s often too much vulnerability for this man to take. He might disappear until he’s worked through his jealous feelings. He’ll either ghost you entirely for the duration, or he’ll deflect and make excuses not to meet up. If you do meet up he might try to avoid being alone together.
2. His energy feels weird or discordant. Aquarian men are known for their quirky, off the wall energy. You can count on him behaving in pretty odd and spontaneous ways. Even though he’s odd, his quirkiness should feel “right”. If it doesn’t feel right, somethings up. It could be jealousy.
3. He won’t talk things through. Aquarian men don’t like to deal with difficult emotions – especially when the emotions are their own feelings of jealousy. If he’s irritated and jealous, chances are that he won’t want to bring it up or work through it with you. Even if he’s openly angry or upset he still might not be willing to talk about it. It’s funny because he’s typically happy to talk through everything. Uncomfortable emotions are his Achilles heel.
4. He flirts with others in an exaggerated way. The Aquarian man is flirtatious by nature. It’s just a natural part of his persona. But when jealous he might weaponize his flirtatious nature to get back at you. And he won’t accept you becoming jealous about his flirting. It could also mean he’s moving on. Either way, something’s up. This behavior is pretty rare from Aquarius men, as they’re not very manipulative or vindictive. But it can happen.
5. He gets possessive. Bouts of possessiveness are highly uncharacteristic for the Aquarian man. He loves freedom and wants his partner to feel free as well. But on rare occasions, he can operate from this emotion regardless. If he’s possessive it likely means he’s lost all trust and is afraid to lose the relationship. This is not his happy place.
How to make an Aquarian Man Jealous
Here’s the thing… trying to make one of the least jealous signs jealous over you is probably a fool’s errand.
It’s not that you can’t make him jealous. It might be possible. But even if you succeed – he doesn’t react to jealous feelings the same way that other men do. Jealousy won’t necessarily motivate him to chase you. It might just irritate him and push him further away.
Here’s the biggest issue in trying to make him jealous: to do it well, you’ll need to do a bit of maneuvering and game playing. And he does not like manipulation or deception. If he sees through your strategy (he’s perceptive, so he very well might) then he might just walk away and never look back.
In other articles on this site, I recommended some overt jealousy-inducing tactics. But in this article I just want to talk up one (sort of alternative) strategy:
Being mysterious and hard to grasp. By shrouding yourself in mystery you become like a puzzle to him. One that he doesn’t have all the pieces to. This man loves a puzzle and will feel compelled to figure you out.
All you have to do now is spread yourself around in his social circles but be aloof with him. He will want to wrest you away from the others so he can figure you out all by himself.
I have more advice on being mysterious, as well as dozens of other techniques to make you more appealing to him in my Aquarius man attraction eBook.
Should you make an Aquarius man Jealous to Get Him Back?
Nope, you shouldn’t.
Trust me, there are far better ways to get this man back and wanting you again.
If you want some great ways to re-attract him, I lay them out in my guide to attracting the Aquarius man.
So there you have it…
Some ways the Aquarius man acts when he’s jealous and my best tip for making him jealous (or at least more interested in you).
Remember that jealousy really shouldn’t be in the picture in a relationship with this man. Nor should possessiveness. Or controlling behavior.
Dating an Aquarius should be all about freedom, playfulness, and self-expression.
If you get those things right, then there’s no need (or place) for jealousy.