Imagine being able to read the mind of that charmingly aloof Aquarian man you’ve got your eye on.
That you could peer through that mysterious persona and know precisely what’s going on inside his closely guarded heart.
Wouldn’t that be nice?
But alas, here you are, looking for answers and wondering if he really likes you or if you’re just another one of his many friends & admirers.
The Aquarius man can be tricky to read, especially when you’re fixated on trying to figure out if he likes you or not.
He may be aloof, but know that this guy is on a mission to find revolutionary romance. And there are key signals that he can’t help but reveal when he’s attracted to someone.
You just have to know what to look for.
You’re in luck because his most potent attraction signals are about to be laid bare for you. All you’ll have to do is scroll leisurely down this page.
So, are you ready to find out if your Aquarian man is attracted to you?
Let’s get started with sign #1:
1. Your friendship is blossoming
Aquarius is the sign of platonic relationships, and friendship-based dating is essential to him. So important that he’ll only enter into a heartfelt romance after he’s developed a close friendship with his partner.
You must prove yourself to be a compatible friend first if you want him to thoroughly crush on you.
Now, just like any man, the Aquarian man can experience instantaneous attraction at first glance. He doesn’t need to like someone (at least in a way that builds deeper feelings) to be turned on by them. But to develop deep feelings, he needs a strong friendship as groundwork.
Related: What is Aquarius’s Soulmate Sign?
Here are some signs that you’re great friends with the Aquarius man and that he probably likes you:
- He isn’t flaking on you. He’s ruled by Uranus, so his plans change plans all the time. It’s never personal (he’d change plans on his best friend). But if he likes you, he won’t change his plans on you (too often, at least) because he’s trying to make a good impression.
- He’s spending more time with you than his other friends. An Aquarian’s focus can be fickle. He’ll go from spending tons of time with one friend only to switch to another friend at random. If he likes you, he won’t see any problem prioritizing you over everyone else.
- He’s emotionally stable in your friendship. Aquarian men are conversely erratic (Uranus) and steady (fixed sign) with their emotions. He will lean on being consistent and stable when he values a friendship, especially in the early stages and when romantic interest is involved.
Becoming great friends with an Aquarian man is the first step towards romance. Now let’s look at some more signs that your Aqua man is feeling some kind of way about you.
2. He softens his demeanor around you
Aquarians have a reputation for being cold, aloof, and detached.
And it’s true; they are often like that—both to the people in their lives and within themselves.
But when the Aquarius man is really attracted to you, he will act with out-of-character warmth.
- He won’t just be nice; he’ll be warm and emotionally expressive.
- He won’t just be easy to talk to; he’ll be completely absorbed and focused on you.
- He won’t just be sweet; he’ll be tender, affectionate, and go out of his way to help you when you need it.
Here are some signs that your Aquarian man is warming up to you because he probably likes you:
- He holds intimate eye contact. Aquarians typically have darting, fidgety eye contact. But when he’s feeling attraction, he will show interest and vulnerability by sustaining eye contact with you.
- He listens to you intently. He hangs on your every word and remembers everything that you’ve said. He respects and takes into account all of your thoughts and opinions. This is big because Aquarians often drift off and daydream in conversations when they’re not interested in the person or the conversation.
3. He nurtures a deep mental connection with you
Aquarian men are highly intelligent beings. He won’t be very enthusiastic about a relationship (romantic or otherwise) if there’s a lack of intellectual stimulation.
If you notice he wants to develop a closer and closer mental connection with you, it’s a sign that he values you and probably likes you.
Some signs that your Aquarian man wants to develop a deep mental connection between you:
- He’s intensely curious about your mind. When the Aquarian man likes someone, he takes the initiative to figure out their mind. If he likes you, he will constantly be poking and prodding to see how your mind works and find out what kinds of things you’re interested in. He wants to know if you share a common intellectual ground. He’ll ask what books you’re reading, your favorite movies, etc.
- He wants to teach you and give you advice. The Aquarian man is an avid pursuer of knowledge and wants to help the people important to him learn. He relishes playing the educator and reformer, especially with a person he fancies. For example, he might keep you up to date on current global events.
- He talks about life purpose and vision with you. This man is a visionary and likes to talk big about the future and his part in it. If he likes you, he will want to ponder the future with you (both his and your own).
- He respects your differing opinions. Aquarian men believe in equality in friendship and partnership. It’s a clear indicator that he likes you if he respects your differing views and promotes your individualistic thinking.
- He wants to engage with your mind at all hours. If he’s super into you, he will want to keep talking to you about life and his existential ponderings even when you’re not around. He may text you or communicate with you in some fashion to support the mental juices flowing.
If you don’t have any noteworthy intellectual interests or don’t share other common interests with him, it would be a good idea to develop some if you are into this guy—much more on that in my course: How to Attract an Aquarius Man.
4. He amps up the flirtatious vibes
Aquarian men are flirty, quirky, and playful by nature. But there’s a gap between his platonic flirting style (basically, just having fun) and his romantic flirting.
You’ll see the following romantic flirting behaviors from your Aquarius man if he’s into you:
- Over-the-top with flirtatious humor. He knows he’s charming. He knows he’s funny. So he will try to woo you with jokes that err on the flirtatious side. Maybe some sexual innuendo or otherwise blunt and crude humor meant to make you laugh (and maybe stir you up a bit).
- He teases you voraciously. Aquarius men are like little schoolboys inside (don’t worry, he won’t be offended by that remark, he’d probably agree with a smirk). So expect school-yard antics when he’s into you. And what does a schoolboy do at recess when he likes you? Tease you like crazy.
- He directs some shockingly crazy remark or joke at you out of the blue. He makes weird and zany jokes all the time. But you’ll notice more frequent ones that seemingly come out of nowhere and are directed at you. It might be a bold question about your personal life or any other joke or statement that’s meant to stir you up.
- He shows off. He’s just a big kid who likes to be seen and appreciated for his zany individuality. If he’s into you, expect some goofy show-off behavior here and there.
- He praises your inner and outer beauty. Aquarius men prize a strong mind and personality. Intelligence is one of his big aphrodisiacs. And if he’s feeling you, he will let you know. He’s also a guy and will get hooked on your physical beauty as well. Expect all kinds of flirtatious compliments if he likes you.
5. He treats you differently in private than in public
The Aquarian man acts differently in private regarding romance and sensitive emotions.
Many partners of Aquarians had no clue at first that their goofy, fun Aquarian friend was into them until they finally had some alone time, and he changed right before their eyes.
He’s one of the least PDA-loving signs, and if he likes you, will save his expressions of interest until you are alone together.
If he is only interested in the friendship, he will act just about the same around you either way. But, if he likes you, you’ll probably notice him get a little shy or display in other ways that you’re affecting him. So take note when you are alone with him and then with a group.
6. He opens up to you about his personal feelings & emotions
It might not seem like it, but the Aquarius man hates the feeling of rejection.
No, not in his day-to-day life. He’s pretty nonchalant and carefree in how he navigates daily life. That calm, relaxed demeanor he broadcasts is genuine.
But he’s only able to be so carefree, aloof, and relaxed because he constantly intellectualizes and distances himself from his emotions.
Your average Aquarian man isn’t that well acquainted with those actual sensations and feeling-tones known as emotions, and he doesn’t typically divulge personal information to others.
When he opens his heart to someone, he feels intense vulnerability, and that’s where his fear of rejection comes up. He won’t open up like this often because he rarely feels enough trust and comfort with anyone or motivation to push that boundary. Intimacy and connection can freak him out and make him go a little neurotic.
So if he’s opening up emotionally with you and sharing all the intimate details of his life, he sure as hell likes you.
7. He wants to do a bunch of exciting things with you
The Aquarius man is a busy guy, far from a couch potato. If he’s into you, he will want to enjoy various experiences with you.
If he likes you, expect to be invited to social events, practice a hobby together, go on a road trip, explore an abandoned property, or sightsee in a remote area. If he takes you on a road trip to see his parents, it might already be love that he’s feeling.
He also loves great movies. Find that perfect movie for him to watch together if you feel that he might be into you and wants to spend time together. Any movie centered around fantasy or futurism should be right up his alley.
While the Aquarius man can be hard to read in love matters, know that if he’s displaying the signs above, he’s into you, and he’s probably already been picturing a relationship together.
If you like him, encourage his flirtatious behavior. He might appear confident in most areas, but intimacy can be difficult for him. So don’t hesitate to hold his hand through the process:)
Let us know your experiences in the comment section below!
- Which Zodiac Sign is the Smartest?
- Which Zodiac Sign is the Craziest?
- Who is the Most Popular/Loved Zodiac Sign?
- 5 Potent Ways to Make an Aquarian Man Obsessed with You
- All about Ignoring an Aquarius Man (How, Why, When)
- Will an Aquarius Man Come Back after a Breakup?
- 5 Subtle Signs that an Aquarius Man is Jealous
Learn More About Aquarius Man Love Compatibilities…
- Aquarius Man & Aries Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Taurus Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Gemini Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Cancer Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Leo Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Virgo Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Libra Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Scorpio Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Sagittarius Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Capricorn Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Aquarius Woman Compatibility
- Aquarius Man & Pisces Woman Compatibility
- Signs an Aries Man Likes You
- Signs a Taurus Man Likes You
- Signs a Gemini Man Likes You
- Signs an Cancer Man Likes You
- Signs a Leo Man Likes You
- Signs a Virgo Man Likes You
- Signs a Libra Man Likes You
- Signs a Scorpio Man Likes You
- Signs a Sagittarius Man Likes You
- Signs a Capricorn Man Likes You
- Signs an Aquarius Man Likes You
- Signs a Pisces Man Likes You