The Taurus man is sweet, level-headed, and genuinely romantic. But he can also be shy and cautious. He will hide his feelings for someone until he believes that the attraction is mutual. This makes it challenging to discover if a Taurus man has developed romantic feelings for you or not.
In this post, you’ll learn the signs and signals that a Taurus man likes you and wants to become more than just friends.
Table of Contents
- 1. He focuses on you with his eyes
- 2. His body language and facial expressions signal heightened interest
- 3. He showers you with a ton of compliments
- 4. He’s respectful and shows genuine interest in you as a person
- 5. He treats you differently than other women
- 6. He invites you into his routine and inquires about yours
- 7. He creates opportunities to spend time with you
- 8. He goes out of his way to touch you
- 9. He shows signs of jealousy, possessiveness, or protectiveness
- 10. He gets particularly nervous around you
1. He focuses on you with his eyes
When a Taurus man likes you his eyes lingering on you longer than normal.
If you make eye contact with him, he either holds his gaze with yours until you look away (if he’s confident), or more likely, he will break eye contact and look a little bit uncomfortable. Taurus men can be shy an nervous around a crush, so chances are that he’ll look away.
The important factor to gauge his attraction is how strong he reacts to making eye contact with you. It doesn’t matter if he confidently holds eye contact or quickly averts his eyes – the important thing is the potency of his reaction. The stronger his reaction, the more likely that you have an effect on him and that he likes you.
If he averted eye contact with you at first, pay attention to how he reacts next. A Taurus man that likes you will continue to look your way until your eyes meet again. This time he will hold his gaze to signal some male dominance in an attempt to draw you in.
Additionally, check to see if he’s glancing at you when you’re not looking. When this man is interested in you he will look at you a lot more than normal. If you’re doing an activity with him and he keeps glancing at you to see if you’re enjoying yourself, this means he’s invested in your enjoyment and is sure to have feelings for you.
Another tip – If you’re at a gathering together and something entertaining or unusual happens, check to see who he looks at first to share a reaction with. If it’s you, this is an added sign of his interest.
2. His body language and facial expressions signal heightened interest
Taurus men are highly physical and sensual people and they’ll typically use their body language to display interest in a potential partner.
Look for these signs of interest from a Taurean man:
- He smiles at you frequently. If he’s giving you genuine smiles for no apparent reason, it’s a sign that he likes you. This is especially true if he’s not smiling the same way other people, especially other women.
- He’ll angle his body so it’s facing you. Taurus men who are interested in a woman will often signal it through open body language. If he likes you, he will direct his body, torso, feet, head, etc. in your direction.
- He mirrors your body language and movements. A Taurus man who likes you looks to be receptive and in sync with your movements and might shadow your actions closely.
- He’s making self-grooming gestures. In your presence, he might do things like straighten his tie, his shirt, or adjust his hair in an effort to look his best for you.
It’s helpful to compare how he acts around you to how he acts around others, especially other women. So while in a group together be aware of his interactions. To test his reaction/body language response to you, mention that you might be interested in/have interest from another guy. See if he slumps a little, or otherwise shifts his body or expression in a reactive way.
3. He showers you with a ton of compliments
Taurus men tend to be thoughtful, complimentary, and sweet. When attracted to a woman, they’ll often show their interest through affectionate remarks.
He might compliment your hair, your style of dress, your personality, or some other feature about you. He’ll also be complimentary of any changes in your looks. This shows he’s paying close attention to you.
Now, the more he chooses to compliment your personality or skills over your looks, the more you mean to him. Any man can compliment a woman’s looks in an effort to get something from her, but a man who has significant feelings for you will compliment deeper qualities of your personality.
4. He’s respectful and shows genuine interest in you as a person
Let’s build on the aspect. As mentioned, Taurus men are highly thoughtful and sincere guys. They care a lot about their friends and always seek to be supportive and caring.
When a Taurus man likes you, he will be genuinely intrigued by all aspects of your character. He might ask a lot of questions about you and your history, remember numerous details you’ve shared (Taurus are known for their memory), give you his undivided attention (no phone), take interest in some hobbies that you like, and confide in you emotionally.
If your Taurus guy is doing these things, it’s a sign that his interest in you goes beyond simple attraction. He’s into you.
5. He treats you differently than other women
If he’s doing this it’s a massive clue that this Taurus guy likes you.
Here are some signs that he’s treating you differently:
- He goes out of his way to help you with things, but not for other women.
- He pays you a lot more attention than the other women around him.
- He compliments you more than the other people around him, especially the women.
- He trips over his words with you or says strange off-cuff things, but doesn’t do so with other women.
- He laughs at all of your jokes, funny or not, but won’t be so quick to laugh at another woman’s humor.
- He reacts to you immediately with a smile or soft gaze, yet hardly reacts the same with other women.
- He teases you and is playful and jokey with you, but not so much with other women.
- He seems to be showing off or wanting to be seen by you, but not with other women.
- He’s conversationally engaging and plays linguistic games with you but doesn’t do the same with others.
- He lets you win at games or competitions, but doesn’t allow other women to beat him.
- He showers you with comfort & food (Taurean favorites) but doesn’t seem to extend this invitation to other women.
6. He invites you into his routine and inquires about yours
Routine is sacred to the Taurus man. Taurus are ultimate creatures of habit and tend to keep the same controlled routines for long periods, even for years at a time.
If a Taurus man invites you into his schedule or asks about your routine, it means you’re really standing out to him and that he thinks you might be worth adding to his highly arranged life.
He might tell you what he’s doing and invite you to join him (either directly or indirectly). He might hint that he wants you in his weekend plans by asking what you like to do on the weekends.
Since he is so conscious about habit and routine, he will ask details about yours. When you go to sleep, when you work, when you are available, etc. This way if he calls or contacts you he can sync up with the best times for you.
7. He creates opportunities to spend time with you
Spending some quality time with you is the next step for the Taurus guy that’s into you.
He will initiate texting or phone conversations, he’ll offer to help you with all kinds of things, he’ll invite you to be included in his daily plans or bigger events, and he’ll try to involve himself in your activities. He might ask to meet your friends or to accompany you to the store.
Food is always a comfort area for Taurus men. These guys love to eat and often also enjoy cooking. So expect him to invite you for some good cuisine if he’s into you.
8. He goes out of his way to touch you
The Taurus man is ruled by the planet Venus. He’s also an Earth sign, which is the most sensual of the four elements. With Venus and Earth, nature has created a highly physical and sensuous man.
It is natural for these men to ease into showing their interest in a woman by touching them. Taurus men learn early on that touch is a potent indicator of attraction and an effective way to progress towards romance. He might find a reason to touch you or “accidentally” make contact with you.
Here are some ways he might touch you if he likes you:
- Sitting or standing close enough to you to brush against you or press his body into yours.
- Resting or grazing his hands on you. This could be your shoulders, the small of your back, your hands, or anywhere on your body.
- He offers to give you a massage. He might say you look tense and recommend a quick shoulder massage.
- He play fights with you. Maybe he will tickle you or ask to arm wrestle you. Sometimes the school-yard antics are the best ways to build attraction!
- He hugs you when the opportunity arises. He might also hug you randomly.
Any physical contact listed above or other forms of touch are big signs of his interest in you. Men usually won’t touch a woman who they’re not into. For one, they simply won’t want to, and he also wouldn’t want to give the wrong impression.
You can test his desire for physical touch with you by touching him and seeing how he reacts. Does he move closer to you? Does he touch you back? Does he flinch and start acting nervous? No matter if it is a positive or negative reaction – the important thing is how strong his reaction is. If he reacts in an outsized way, that means you have an effect on him.
9. He shows signs of jealousy, possessiveness, or protectiveness
Taurus men are highly protective of the people in their life, especially their partners. It’s a strong part of his nature.
If you spot him being territorial, possessive, or jealous over you, that’s a huge signal that he’s attracted to you and wants to have you as his.
Pay special attention when you are with him around other attractive men. He might seem uncomfortable and get closer to you.
10. He gets particularly nervous around you
Taurus men aren’t the most natural flirts. They can be inward, a bit shy, and afraid of rejection. It’s often challenging for them to open up to a woman and feel confident in their presence.
If your Taurus man is fidgeting, stammering, being clumsy, or engages in nervous laughter while talking to you, that’s a sign he likes you. He might also get quiet, have darting glances, or run out of things to say.
If he is coming off detached or self-centered, remember that it might not be because he’s a jerk, he might just be nervous.