So you’re hoping to get a Cancer guy missing you, huh?
You’re likely in one of the following situations:
- You want to stir his attraction and hook him into a relationship
- You’re already in a relationship with him but haven’t felt seen or appreciated lately, so want to spice things up
- You’ve had a recent argument and he’s offish and withdrawn, so you want to get him thinking about you again
- You’ve recently broken up and you want to get his attention on you again (and regret losing you)
No matter your situation, if you follow the tips in this article he will be missing (and chasing) you in no time.
1. Be sure your life is awesome and intriguing
To really get him to miss you when you’re apart, be sure to be a complete woman.
Cancer guys love to share experiences with their partners, but at the same time, he wants you to have a life outside of him.
Prioritize yourself, first. Have an independent and full life outside of your relationship with him. Fill your schedule. Do cool things. Learn new hobbies. Chase your goals. Your Cancer man will respect your independence and will want to be around you to soak up that fun, self-loving energy.
Have a ton of fun without him. This is part of prioritizing yourself. Yes, I know you miss him and want him to miss you, too. But you don’t need him or the attention he gives you to have a good time. Go out with your friends, or by yourself even, and create fun experiences.
To really make him miss you, post about your experiences on your social channels (just be authentic and don’t exaggerate them for effect). You can even hint at having potential interest in a guy you’ve been socializing with.
A tinge of jealousy will not only make your Cancer man miss you, it makes him want to chase you and compete for your attention.
Highlight your high points when you talk to him. One of the big plusses of getting your Cancer man to miss you by having fun on your own is that you’ll have a lot of stuff to share with him when you talk or meet up.
He loves to talk and share experiences. So make sure to tell him about all the cool things you did. He’ll listen intently and will likely feel some FOMO for missing out on sharing those experiences with you.
Related: 9 Clear Signs a Cancer Man Likes You
2. Be sure to have deep emotional exchanges when you’re together
If you want your Cancer man to miss you when you’re apart, make it count when you’re together.
Make your time together count by fully engaging his powerful emotional nature.
Create a safe place for his emotions to come out. Cancer men really open up when they feel safe. Make him feel seen, taken care of, and safe. Be entirely accepting and nudge him to freely express himself. If he feels cared for and accepted in your presence, you’ll feel like a breath of fresh air and he will miss you like mad when you’re gone.
Share your deep secrets and encourage him to share his. Deep, intimate sharing is the lifeblood of Cancer male relationships. If you’re able to really open up together in an intimate way by sharing things that you don’t with many people, he’ll feel an intense bond with you.
Be good in bed. If you can rock his world between sheets, he’ll certainly miss you. Be sure to know what he likes sexually. You can learn about Cancer men’s sexual tastes in my post on the subject.
Do these things well, and he’ll feel utterly enthralled by you (and disconnected when you’re apart). He will miss you adamantly and will work hard to get you close to him again.
3. Limit your contact and availability with him
Perhaps the most potent maneuver to get a Cancer man missing you is to limit his access to you by not being available all the time. He can’t miss you if you’re always with him or always available. You give him no room to. If you want him to miss you, give him room to miss you.
By limiting your availability to him, he’ll start to feel pangs of longing for you and will chase you to feel more intimate. Cancer men love to connect and feel needed, so you’ll play into his desires and will trigger his natural urge to try to claim you.
Resist constant communication. To get him missing you, you really want him to feel your absence. He won’t miss you if you talk to him all the time, or if you immediately respond to his texts every time he sends them.
Take breaks from initiating calls or texts. By stopping yourself from leaning into him, he’ll start to miss the attention you gave him and will want to lean into you.
Drop off social media intermittently. Earlier I mentioned keeping him intrigued by sharing your fun activities on social media. Sometimes, though, you want to completely disappear. This will also make him take note, and he’ll wonder what you’re up to.
End your conversations and meetups on a high note. You can even end them abruptly if the timing feels right. Never let a conversation drag on and on. Always leave more to be said, so he’s excited for the next time you talk to each other. You want him to keep wanting more. Never hang up if things are tense or heavy. Stir the conversation to a lighter, playful note, then quickly end it.
Don’t always say yes to hanging out with him. Especially if he wants to connect on short notice. Show you value your time and that he can’t get you to join him on a whim. If he wants to link up with you, he should make plans with you in advance and take your time seriously. You’ll raise your value by not always being available. He has to work to get higher priority access to you. Note, this works best if you already have plans with other friends or plans of your own.
Keep busy so you’re not thinking about him all the time. You want him pining for you, not the other way around. So follow step 1 of this post well and make your life fun and engaging. Remember, actually keep busy. Don’t just feign unavailability to create an effect on him.
I know it can be hard to not reach out to him when you miss him yourself. But constant communication just won’t help him to miss you. So stop calling and texting as much. Remember, Being unavailable some of the time is going to massively increase the likelihood that he’ll want to chase you. And men do not like to chase what is easily caught.
4. Captivate him with a mysterious persona
All men (and women) love mystery, especially with romantic partners.
To get him missing you and wanting to be around you all the time, be like a puzzle that he just can’t quite figure out.
- Don’t put everything on the table. Don’t tell him exactly what you’re looking for from him. Don’t over-explain everything you’ve done or are doing. try to leave specific details out to make him curious. You want him to be intrigued and a bit puzzled about you. If you tell him everything up front, you leave nothing to be explored or imagined. Reveal yourself slowly, better yet, make him work to learn about you.
- Be a bit contradictory. To keep him on his toes, show a paradoxical quality to your nature. Maybe you’re overall really sweet and gentle, you can show a little bit of a harsh, cruel side. Maybe you’re analytical and heady, you can occasionally show a whimsical, spiritual bend to your nature. You can try alternating between intensity and a bit of aloofness. Displaying this kind of unpredictability can drive him wild for you.
- Enhance your mystery with strategic absences. This plays on earlier points about limiting your contact with him. If he’s used to seeing you a certain time or place, catch him off guard by suddenly being absent. Conversely, you can show up suddenly at a time when he doesn’t expect you.
All of this mystery and unpredictability will make you stand out to him. You’ll constantly be on his mind as he wonders what you’ll do (or where you’ll be) next. When you’re on his mind like this, he won’t be able to resist missing you when you’re gone.
5. Leave behind little pieces of memorability to get him thinking of you
This is a classic strategy to keep you on his mind and get him missing you.
When you spend time together, take the opportunity to leave something behind that he’ll notice. It could be your hairclip, your coffee mug, your toothpaste, etc.
Be sure to make sure that what you leave behind reflects the level and intimacy of your relationship. You don’t want to leave too many things behind to make it seem like you’re moving (or hinting at) moving in with him, especially when you haven’t been with him for very long.
On the other hand, Cancer men are nesters and want to find a partner he can nest with. So he might actually miss you more when you’re gone if you start leaving a second wardrobe, your supplements, or toiletries at his place.
Related: Who is Cancer’s Soulmate Sign?
There you have it, five solid ways to make the Cancer guy miss you.
The tips here are pretty straightforward but can require some discipline. Especially the ones that seem a bit counterintuitive, like stepping away from him to get him wanting you. But it works, trust me.
What do you think of them? Do you have any tips of your own to make a Cancer man miss you? Let us know below.
- Why are Cancer People So Good in Bed?
- Why are Cancer People So Attractive?
- Are Cancer People Loyal Partners?
- What Sign is the Best Match for Cancer?